Let’s put all false prejudices away: Disneyland Paris is a magic place, always beautiful both for kids and adults. A total and overwhelming experience, which unavoidable confusion is a painful departure, to cry for it.
Everything is perfect, there’s nothing out of its place, almost like being in a Walt Disney movie.
Several attractions (actually 53) divided in: “with the littlest ones”, “adventures in the family” and “strong emotions”.
Two parks far one from another only five minutes walking:
- The Disneyland Park (10 a.m. – 9 p.m., till 10 p.m. in the weekend);
- The Walt Disney Studios (10 a.m. – 6 p.m. , till 9 p.m. in the weekend);
WALT DISNEY STUDIOS
In the Disneyland Park there are four sectors, divided clockwise leaving the entrance into: Frontierland, Adventureland, Fantasylande Discoveryland.
Many attractions dedicated to the little kids; this is my personal top 10:
- Disney Magic on Parade! A star parade like the Rio Carnival ones. Every day at 5,30 p.m. from Fantasyland to Town Square. According to me the main moment of Disneyland Paris.
- Ratatouille (nr. 15, Studios). Very high level graphic 3 D effects. It really seems to be in the movie. Not suitable for coward kids though.
- ‘it’s a small world’ (nr. 32, Disneyland Park). A few minutes tour around the world and not in eighty days. Amazing.
- Cars Quatre Roues Rallye (nr. 4, Studios). Fun.
- Autopia (nr. 43, Park). A kid’s first approach to cars.
- Dumbo the Flying Elephant (nr. 27, Park).Looks like flying.
- Mad Hatter’s Tea Cup (nr.29, Park).
- Princess Pavilion (nr. 33, Park). No doubts the girls’ favourite one, asolutely to book but very long lines to do it.
- Disney Junior on Stage (nr. 8, Studios). The Disney characters come to life on the stage.
- Le Pays des Contes de Fées (nr. 31, Park). A cruise through the most beautiful tales’ miniatures.
To appreciate Alice’s Curious Labyrinth (nr. 28, Park) you have to know the tale, while Le Carrousel de Lancelot (nr. 23, Park) is nothing special.
The Disneyland Railroad is considered an attraction even if it is useful to move from a sector to another in the Disneyland Park; four stops:
- Main Street Station;
- Frontierland Depot;
- Fantasyland Station;
- Discoveryland Station.
Of course many encounters with the Disney Stars such as Mickey Mouse (nr. 26, Park), Minnie (Town Square), Winnie The Pooh(nr. 29, Park) e Donald Duck (Casey’s Corner). At the “Inventions” restaurant in the Disneyland Hotel the Disney character go around during the dinner as they take part to birthday parties, a real privilege.
Amazing the shows; j have seen Frozen in the “Chaparral Theater” (nr. 11, Park).
And Mickey et le Magicien al “Toon Studio” (nr. 3, Studios), both wonderful and not to be missed.
In the end the hotels; there are many and I recommend to stay at the Disneyland Hotel where you have (more or less) a five star services and where you are already inside the Disneyland Park. Highly recommended for those with small kids or person with reduced mobility. There is also a very furnished boutique, a mini club, and a wellness center. A jem: to book an appointment at the princesses’ salon on the hotel’s first floor for hairdresser, make up, princess’ costume and shooting is the top of luxury for the girls.
They say in Disneyland hotels the food is not so good; well, at the Disneyland Hotel food is very good.
The restaurants are two:
- Inventions, with a buffet and with Disneyland characters around;
- California Grill , with a starred chef.
Typical hotel formula is the half board (breakfast and dinner); for the lunch you can either bring your own and have it on a park’s bench or you can eat in one of the many restaurants . I had an hamburger for 11€ at the Cowboy Cookout Barbecue brought in my hotel; nothing special.
Anyway for any information you can go to the City Hall where they can satisfy every kind of request. And here we go to the lines: there are, needless to deny it, but I can suggest several tricks to limit the inconveniences. Go early (the Disneyland Hotel guests have a privileged access from 8a.m. to 10 a.m., useful to be in line as first), during lunch time or in the late afternoon; even if many attractions are only open at determined times;
- To go out of season;
- To go during the week;
- To use the Fast Pass
And in conclusion, the other thing: the prices. Disneyland Paris is very expensive because of the very high level (but often you can find interesting offers on the web site), especially if you stay there ( Paris is 50km far) and especially if you choose one of the best hotels (Disneyland Hotel). But it’s absolutely worth it; it is a unique and unforgettable experience.